Caring For Your Jewellery
Gold Vermeil (pronounced ver-mey) is Sterling Silver which has been coated with 2.5 microns of 18kt gold plate (which means its super thick and longer lasting!). It strikes the perfect balance of high quality at an affordable price – making it ideal for those looking for “affordable luxury”.
To be classified as Vermeil, three important standards must be met:
- The mixture of the base metal must contain 92.5 percent sterling silver or fine 99.9 percent silver.
- The thickness of the gold coating must be at least 2.5 microns.
- The gold purity needs to be at least 10 karats.
Gold Vermeil is the perfect option for those with metal allergies due to the durable thickness of the gold plus the base of sterling silver which is known to react far less with sensitive skin than other metal bases such as copper and nickel.
Using the highest quality materials and process, Gold Vermeil is far more durable than other gold-plated options (has five times the gold content of gold plated or filled jewellery) and can last for years. However, if worn continuously (especially rings) the gold plate can start to wear away after 6 months. In this instance, we will not be able to offer a refund as this is not a fault in the product, but rather the nature of wear and tear.
To maintain the stunning Gold Vermeil finish for as long as possible, please follow our recommendations for care:
- Remove jewellery when washing your hands, showering or swimming because water and chemicals (especially chlorine) can affect the longevity of the gold plating. This is especially important for rings, as they suffer wear and tear much more than other jewellery types since we use our hands for everything we do.
- Put your jewellery on last when getting ready as makeup, perfume, hairspray, and lotions can affect the beauty and shine of your Gold Vermeil.
- To clean your jewellery and restore its shine we recommend that you use a jewellery polishing cloth to gently rub the surface. Do not use a polishing agent or abrasive liquids as these will wear away the layers of gold.
We pride ourselves on the quality and beauty of our semi-precious gemstones, all produced in the largest stone cutting and polishing centre of the world, India.
Each stone is expertly cut from rocks (known as “roughs”) which are sourced from all over the world.
All of our semi-precious gemstones are completely natural meaning that each stone is unique to you! There can be variations in colour and pattern within our stones, however we feel that this just adds to their natural beauty.
To care for your gemstones and ensure they keep their original beauty we recommend taking the following steps:
- Do not keep jewellery in direct sunlight and remove it whilst sunbathing. Extreme temperatures and strong UV rays can cause gemstones to fade in colour and shine.
- Remove jewellery when washing your hands, showering or swimming because water and chemicals (especially chlorine) can dull gemstones.
- Be mindful of any knocks or bumps when wearing semi-precious gemstones and always remove jewellery when exercising.
Rare, beautiful and sought after…diamonds truly are forever! The hardest known natural stone, diamonds derive their name from the ancient Greek αδάμας meaning “unbreakable”. However, beware, diamonds can still chip from a hard impact and so take special care when wearing and ensure to keep them safely stored away in their original jewellery box.
To keep your diamonds in sparkling condition we recommend regular cleaning:
- Use lukewarm water with mild washing up liquid and a very soft toothbrush (the softer the better) to gently clean away any dirt and grime. Then rinse (again in lukewarm water), blot dry and leave to air dry before wearing or storing.
We are committed to ensuring that all of the diamonds used in our products are ethically and responsibly sourced.